I found this to be so cool while on holiday that I thought I would share it with all of you design conscious people who read our interior design blog. Check out what Barbie and her clan did on their vacation in Italy. The paparazzo of French magazine IDEAT surprised them on the beach of Rimini and this is what he gathered.
(Ken contemplating the waves in a Ruban de Pierre Paulin chair (Artifort, 1966)
Barbie & her friends prefer the softness of the hot sand and a chaise lounge Don’do by Jean-Marie Massaud (Poltrona Frau) accessorized with Eames Elephant table (Vitra)
9:00am, workout on the beach. Everyone prepares for another day in the sun “farniente” style
- Barbie’s maternal instinct takes over as she hangs her clothes to dry.
Vegtable chair by Freres Bouroullec (Vitra, 2009)
- Eames chair in case Ken needs a rest
- Showing their lovely legs on the hood of a pink cinque cento and lounging on the
Marshmallow Sofa by George Nelson (Vitra, 1956)
Her vichy dress, now dry, Barbie rocks on the RAR chair by Eames (Vitra, 1948), Ken looking cool with his Piaggio Vespa, so Italian!
Settling down for the evening, it’s time to clean up...
- Ken stacks the slick chairs by Philippe Stark (Xo, 2000) and the Panton chairs by
Verner Panton (Vitra, 1960)
- Dressed to kill a cool looking dude tries to eye up Barbie laying on the lounge chair by
Eames (Vitra, 1956)
- Not so fast! Last dip before the day is out. Cone chair by Verner Panton (Vitra, 19958)
The party still goes on. Beach party decor; sand, fire, music and Tom Vac chairs by Ron Arad (Vitra, 1999)