Today’s palette is a composition of comforting vanilla and refreshing soft mint, perfect for a "get away from the stress of daily life" room, to recoup, recharge and indulge in total peace. Also ideal for a guest bedroom, although guests may feel so comfortable they may not want to leave...
This color combination is very pleasant because subconsciously it reminds us of soft flavors and the subtleness of nature. As part of the green family 'mint' is a restful hue promoting concentration. 'Vanilla' has the properties of both clean-white and happy-yellow, favorable when making a soft palette. Inspired by the velvet checkered pattern I like to keep it in the family and contrast with bronze, think of toasted almonds. Lastly add a soft touch of blue-violet, a stable and relaxing color like its blue parent.
A great example of a calming mint palette is this bedroom by Tobi Fairley. It is both romantic and yummy at the same time, much like mint chocolate after dinner.
- LUX, SLATE / LARSEN
- BAMBOO FRIEZE, SKY / KRAVET
- VELVET / ZOFFANY
- YORK, 101 / CHRISTIAN FISCHBACHER
- MEPHISTO, SOLID TAFFETA / CREATIONS METAPHORES
- THAILANA, ALICE BLUE /LARSEN
- CAPULET, OPALESCENCE / GP HOLLY HUNT
- MEDIUM WALNUT WOOD FINISH
- STELLA, WHITE GOLD / GP HOLLY HUNT
- MERCURE, VERT MING / CREATIONS METAPHORES